bitumen emulsion according to the technical terms of delivery for bitumen
|200 l drum|
|0.2–0.3 kg/m² depending on substrate.|
|20 kg PE bucket|
- LEUBIT® bitumen emulsion C40B5-S is used as a bonding agent in layered composite for laying hot mix in road construction, and is manually or mechanically applied
- Make sure that ambient and ground temperatures are at least 5°C.
- Tidy up the surface before work. Stop work during rain or if the substrate is moist.
- Stir LEUBIT® bitumen emulsion C40B5-S thoroughly before each use. Do not use any emulsion that has lost its homogeneity due to clumps of bitumen or threads.
- Observe the instructions from the machine manufacturer if mechanically applying LEUBIT® bitumen emulsion C40B5-S. Make sure that the machine you are using is suitable for bitumen emulsion according to the technical terms of delivery for bitumen (TL BE-StB 15).
- Heat the product slowly and gently so as not to damage it.
- Do not allow the temperature to exceed 75°C under any circumstances, as this may cause the product to separate and decompose, rendering the material unusable.
- Spread LEUBIT® bitumen emulsion C40B5-S onto the surface such as by spraying using suitable equipment. You may lay hot mix onto the surface after applying the bitumen emulsion, which is visually identifiable by the change in colour from brown to black.
- The product may be stored for six months at least 10°C (including frost-thaw cycles of max. -5°C for winter quality). You will need to stir the material to preserve its homogeneity under these conditions. However, we recommend using the material as soon as possible after delivery.
- Use any material in opened packaging as soon as possible.
- Repack contents from damaged containers into other airtight packaging, and use it as soon as possible.
- Consistency: liquid
- Density approx. 1 g /cm³
- Application temperature: cold from about 10°C (up to 65°C for mechanical application)
- Max. warm-up temperature: 70°C
- Please refer to the technical terms of delivery for bitumen (TL BE-StB 15) and the safety data sheet for further details.
- Suitable cleaning agents may be used to clean application tools. Dispose of resulting bitumen solutions in a proper and environmentally compatible fashion.
- If you have any comments or questions, please do not hesitate to contact our technical department. Observe any standards, regulations and laws applicable such as health and safety regulations and building codes.